Monday, May 12, 2008

Emotional Bond between men

One example in my life of this bond is when I was playing golf. It was just a regular game, with my dad and my grandpa. My mom came along for one hole that I playing really well on. I had hit two perfect shots and was on the green in two shots on this par 5. The ball was only around 3 feet from the cup when we reached the green. My dad and grandpa stood aside, and watched me mark my ball and read the line. I was being patient, and everyone was silent. I started to line up to the ball and then my mom said "Hurry up, or we be here into the night." She hadn't picked up that this was for an eagle (which I had never done in my life before). All of us turned and looked at her, and she said "What, its not like its a tournament or anything." She hadn't picked up on this emotional bond. Luckily I made the putt and my dad, grandpa, and I were really excited. My mom didn't really care cause its just golf to her. She could not pick up on the emotional bond my dad, grandpa, and I were sharing. This bond can be seen everyday between men with women not being able to pick up watch is going on.

1 comment:

DC said...

Derek - that's a great story and a great example of male bonding that your mom didn't seem to appreciate at the time. You might explain it to her and she how she reacts!